Are your learners on the move?
Prometheus can design your custom learning program to play on iPads, tablets, or other mobile devices — as well as on desktop and laptop computers.
Designing for mobile devices can be tricky, due to variations in screen size, graphics handling, touch-screen versus mouse-click, etc. We work with you to design programs that are robust and user-friendly across all of the devices your learners will use.
Another important variable is authoring software – particularly if you want to reach users who will be using an iPad. You may have heard that the iPad cannot run the Flash programs commonly found on Windows computers or Android tablets. That’s why we begin each design project by discussing how and where the end-product will be used. By understanding what your ultimate publishing requirements will be, we can determine the best authoring software to use to create your learning app.
Bottom line, creating learning apps for mobile environments can be technologically challenging. Our goal is make the technology simple and seamless for you.
Frequently asked questions
- Q: Is it possible to create eLearning apps that can be used on both iPad and Windows devices?
- A: Absolutely. We can set up your eLearning app so, when your end-user links to it, the end-user's device selects the appropriate format automatically.
- Q: Our learners have smartphones. Is it possible to create eLearning apps for the smartphone?
- A: Yes. However, keep in mind that your screen size is limited on the smartphone. Also, your end-users’ wireless networks may make downloading tricky. We advise our clients to keep smartphone-delivered content extremely short and simple.
- Q: I want to give my end-users access to eLearning on the iPad, but I don’t want to allow them to download the content. Is this possible?
- A: Yes. Depending on your need, we can publish your app so it can downloaded, or we can publish it to be accessed online, but not downloaded. We can even publish it so both options are available for your end-users.
- Q: I’m new to the world of apps, so I’m not sure what I want to offer my end-users. Can you help me figure out what I need?
- A: You bet! Before we begin to create your program, we work with you to define what you want to offer. And we make sure that you understand the implications of your choices, so you can make informed decisions. Our goal is to make sure you understand the options available to you, without overwhelming you with techno-jargon.